Vacancy: (Senior) R&D Employee
LipoCoat BV – Enschede
Drive development of our technology to the next level. Be part of a fast-growing, high-potential, high-tech company. Make impact and join our mission to improve the performance, comfort and safety of medical devices.
Who we are
LipoCoat is a life sciences spin-off from the University of Twente, founded in 2016. Our brand new HQ and lab facility are situated on the innovation campus of the University of Twente in Enschede, The Netherlands. LipoCoat has developed the first bio-inspired, non-toxic antibacterial coatings for medical devices, which reduce the infection risk by 95% and can be used for e.g. catheters, contact lenses and prostheses. In the past 3 years, LipoCoat has won 18 honors and awards, including European Biotech Startup of 2019, and entered the Global Top 10 Catheter Coatings Market Players.
LipoCoat currently has 14 employees with multidisciplinary expertise in chemistry, technology development, business development, entrepreneurship and commercialization. The LipoCoat team is gender diverse, multicultural and intergenerational.
- Startup mentality: driven, proactive, flexible, problem solver, team player
- Fluently speaking English (Dutch is a pre, but not necessary)
- BSc or MSc in Biomedical, Life Sciences or related field
- Experience with working/testing blood and microbiology (experience with a chandler loop system would be great)
- At least 5-8 years relevant working experience
- Independent worker and comes with new ideas but also good in working together in projects with multiple employees
- Experience with working on medical materials (catheters, needles, implants)
- Experience in method development (hemocompatibility assays, fouling assays, cell attachment assays, Elisa)
- needs to have the ability to adapt and likes to learn and perform any kind of lab work that is needed at that moment
What we offer
- Working for a high-tech scale-up with an extremely innovative, high-impact product
- A great work environment with a hardworking, fun and informal team
- Working in a high-tech environment (University of Twente Innovation Campus) with access to a wealth of knowledge
- The ability to do a wide variety of tasks
- Support to help you grow as a professional
- Market rate salary
- Stock option plan & pension plan
How to apply
For more information or to apply directly, please send an email to Iris Wiggers at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your resumé and a cover letter.
LipoCoat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our team members. We hire on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We look forward to receiving your application!